0

Propane leak leads to early dismissal in Oroville

— Students and staff in the Oroville School District were sent home early today because of a gas leak in the chemistry lab.

Classes were dismissed at 10:30 a.m.

“It isn't a major leak,” Superintendent Steve Quick said in an email about the dismissal. “The main valves are turned off and the building is airing out.”

The district has been having problems with the propane line for the last few weeks and thought the problem was solved, but the propane smell returned.

This evening’s activities, including basketball games with Tonasket, are still “a go,” he said. “All is well and students and staff all got an early weekend.”

The lost instructional time won’t have to be made up, he said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment