0

Fire destroys Nespelem home

— A house north of town was destroyed by fire last Wednesday.

The house, at 263 Gold Lake Road, was fully engulfed when Colville tribal fire, police and emergency medical crews arrived.

No one was home at the time, tribal police Cdr. Tom Holsworth said. There were no injuries.

The blaze in the early to mid-1900s-era home began as a chimney fire.

“Despite valiant efforts of the fire crews on scene, the structure burned to the ground and was a total loss,” Holsworth said.

Holsworth said the occupants declined to have their names released.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment