Suspect sent to Airway Heights

Local man faces murder charge

AIRWAY HEIGHTS – Ronald E. Moore, charged with first-degree murder in the March 21 shooting death of his father, has been transferred to the Airway Heights Corrections Center.

Moore, 31, was wounded by Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office deputy Terry Shrable after he allegedly pointed a gun at the county Special Response Team, which had entered the Moore home to try and rescue Raymond E. Moore.

The team found Raymond Moore, 62, already dead.

Ronald Moore was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital, Omak, and then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.

He was transferred to the state’s Airway Heights prison last Thursday, May 2, because it has medical facilities to care for him while he continues to recover, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.

Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan said he’s working to arrange a court appearance for Moore via video conference. The county has the equipment, but the Airway Heights facility doesn’t.

All parties — from the defendant and attorneys to the judge and spectators – need to be able to see and hear each other, Sloan said.

Ronald Moore was charged March 26 in Okanogan County Superior Court with first-degree murder, theft of a firearm, two counts of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.

Bail was set at $1 million.

Moore is accused of stealing a .22-caliber pistol from his parents, using the pistol to assault his mother, Deborah Moore, and grandmother, Dalene Deline, killing his father, and possessing the firearm illegally because he has a previous fourth-degree assault conviction.

According to court records, Deborah Moore reported at 8:21 p.m. March 21 that Ronald Moore had taken a semi-automatic .22-caliber pistol earlier in the evening. As Deputy Dave Yarnell arrived, Deborah Moore, 57, and Deline, 77, fled the home at 56 Dry Coulee Road.

Yarnell allegedly heard gunfire inside the residence, placed the two women in his patrol vehicle and drove them to a safer location. The Special Response Team and a hostage negotiator were called.

After the negotiator, deputy Josh Brown, made contact with Ronald Moore, the team decided to enter the home to try and retrieve Raymond Moore, court records said.

Ronald Moore is one of three men with the same last name being accused of causing another man’s death. Rogers said to his knowledge, the three are not related.

Riverside resident Don Arthur Moore, 65, is accused of first-degree murder in the April 20 stabbing and shooting death of Bruce R. Molony, 55, at Molony’s home on Foggy River Loop Road near Riverside. Bail was set at $1 million during Don Moore’s initial appearance in Okanogan County Superior Court on April 22.

Michael M. Moore, 30, was arrested the evening of April 28 in east Omak and taken to the Colville Tribal Corrections Facility in Nespelem on suspicion of vehicular homicide and hit and run-injury/death.

He was the driver of a vehicle that crashed early that morning on Rodeo Trail Road near Omak, Colville Tribal Police said. Ryan Lee Porter, 21, died at the scene.

The case is being referred to Okanogan County for possible prosecution.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment