OKANOGAN Several area churches are joining Sunday morning for an interdenominational “Sonrise Service” at the Omak Memorial Cemetery, 2547 Elmway.
The Christians in Action service runs from 6:30-7 a.m. and the Rev. Marc Doney of River of Life Foursquare Church is leading the service. He is a former U.S. Marine, deputy sheriff and associate pastor.
Other participants will include musicians Joe Rhodes, Justice Owens, the Rev. Chris Warren, the Rev. Paul Sheley and Kathleen Christensen.
Those attending are asked to dress warmly. Some chairs will be provided.
The Chronicle attempted to contact area churches for a listing of their Easter services. Not all could be reached by deadline.
• Community Log Church will congregate at 7 a.m. Sunday for sunrise service at the home of Scott and Tracey Reagles, 64 Lakeview Way.
A potluck brunch will follow at 9:30 a.m. at the church, 501 W. Indian Ave., and the Easter sermon begins at 11 a.m.
• Rocky Butte Church of the Nazarene, 504 state Highway 173, plans a sunrise service for 8 a.m. Sunday. A potluck breakfast and fellowship time will follow immediately after, and morning worship starts at 11 a.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Hope Lutheran Church, 1520 Sunset Drive, plans Easter services at 7 p.m. Thursday and on Good Friday. Easter worship will be at 11 a.m. Sunday.
Bridgeport Community Church, 1300 Foster Ave., will host Easter worship at 10 a.m. Sunday, with translation services if needed.
A Holy Thursday service and potluck will be at 5:30 p.m. at the corner of Esther and La Una streets.
Sunday service will be at 9 a.m.
Coulee Dam Community Church plans to attend Easter services at the Grand Coulee Church of the Nazarene, 45925 state Highway 174 N. On Sunday, breakfast will be served at 8 a.m., followed by Easter worship at 9 a.m.
Easter Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 9 Church St.
• Faith Community Church, 16 Grand Ave., will host Sunday school at 9 a.m. and Easter worship at 10 a.m.
• Banks Lake Bible Church, 25 School Ave., will have Good Friday service at 6 p.m. Friday. There will be no Sunday school on Easter Sunday, but a Resurrection Celebration will take place at 8 a.m., followed by Easter brunch at 9 a.m. and worship at 10 a.m.
• The Grand Coulee United Methodist Church, 405 Center St., will host Holy Week service at 7 p.m. Friday.
Community sunrise service will be at 7 a.m. Sunday at Crown Point State Park, located at about milepost 19.6 on state Highway 174.
• Zion Lutheran Church, 348 Mead Ave., will host Maundy at 7 p.m. Thursday, Good Friday services at 7 p.m. Friday, and Easter sunrise at 7 a.m. Sunday. A breakfast and egg hunt will follow, and communion service will be at 11 a.m.
The Loomis Community Church is hosting a sunrise service at 7 a.m. Easter Sunday at the cross, two miles up Horse Spring Coulee Road from the west end of Spectacle Lake. The Rev. Robert Haskell will deliver the message.
A breakfast is planned at 8 a.m. at the church, 19 Palmer Ave. The church’s Easter celebration, including music, will be at 11 a.m.
The Mansfield United Protestant Church, located at West Third Avenue and Morrow Street, plans Good Friday services at 6 p.m. Friday, a men’s breakfast at 8 a.m. Saturday.
An Easter sunrise service will be at 7 a.m. Sunday at Bluestem Park in partnership with the Mansfield Community Church, followed by breakfast at the Protestant Church and an Easter service at 11 a.m.
• Okanogan Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 429 W. Oak St., plans Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. and the worship service at 10:45 a.m.
• Okanogan First Baptist Church, 327 Rose St., will have a brunch from 9-10 a.m. and worship service at 10:45 Easter morning.
• Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Parish will have worship at 9 a.m. Sunday in Spanish and 11:30 a.m. in English.
• Community Presbyterian Church, 9 S. Birch St., will have Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. Thursday, a Good Friday Tenebrae service at 7 p.m. Friday and a Resurrection Sunday service at 10:45 a.m. Easter Sunday.
• Carson Mills will speak about his two-year mission to Bangalore, India, at 9:30 a.m. Sunday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 6 Engh Road. Mills, 25, helped to teach the people of India about the church. He also provided service to them.
• A Good Friday meditation on the Stations of the Cross will be at 7 p.m. at the Omak United Methodist Church, 130 N. Cedar St.
Easter Sunday service will be at 11 a.m.
Pateros Community Church, 124 N. Dawson St., will host a Good Friday service at 7 p.m. this Friday.
An Easter sunrise service will be at 7 a.m. Sunday at the Pateros Cemetery, 101 Cemetery Road, followed by breakfast at 7:30 a.m. at the church. Morning worship will begin at 10:30 a.m., and an Easter egg hunt will take place during fellowship time at about noon.
A noon veneration of the cross is planned at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 261 E. Seventh St.
Easter Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m.
Lighthouse Assembly of God Church, 103 Tower St., plans an Easter breakfast at 9 a.m., followed by Bible study at 10 a.m. and a worship service at 11 a.m. That evening, prayers will be at 6 p.m., followed by worship at 6:30 p.m.
• Good Friday communion service will be at 7 p.m. at Tonasket Free Methodist Church, 1 Stanton Loop Road. A “SonRise Service” will be at 8:30 a.m. with a dramatic presentation of “Alive” at the foot of the cross.
Breakfast and fellowship will be from 9-9:45 a.m., followed by a resurrection celebration at 10 a.m. and Christian Formation (Sunday school) for children. Water baptism will be offered.
• Tonasket Foursquare Church, 415 Whitcomb Ave., plans worship at 10 a.m. Easter Sunday.
• A 7 a.m. Easter sunrise service is planned at the Twisp commons next to the Methow Valley Community Center, 201 Methow Valley Highway.
• Methow Valley United Methodist Church, 193 Old Twisp Highway, will have a Good Friday Tenebrae service at 8 p.m. Friday. A pancake breakfast will be from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Easter Sunday at the church. A worship service will be at 10 a.m.
• St. Genevieve’s Catholic Parish, 403 Burgar St., will host Holy Thursday Service at 5:30 p.m. Stations of the Cross will be at 3 p.m. on Good Friday, followed by a service at 5:30 p.m.
The congregation plans to join Easter Vigil Mass at 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Brewster, 214 S. Fifth St. An Easter Mass will take place at St. Genevieve’s at 11 a.m. Sunday.
• The Friendship Alliance Church, 809 state Highway 20, will have Easter worship at 10 a.m. Sunday, followed by a fellowship reception.
• Cascade Bible Church, 1119 state Highway 20, will host a Good Friday Tenebrae Service at 7 p.m. Friday. An Easter outreach service will be at 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Community Covenant Church of the Methow Valley, 710 state Highway 20 N., is hosting Holy Week services from 7-9 p.m. every weekday.
Sunrise worship will be at 7 a.m. Sunday at the Twisp commons next to the Methow Valley Community Center, 201 Methow Valley Highway.
A pancake breakfast will follow from 7:30-9:30 a.m. at the Methodist Church, 193 Old Twisp Highway.
An Easter worship celebration will take place at the Covenant Church at 10 a.m.