CHELAN The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest’s Chelan Ranger District officially opened its groomed trails today.
Snowmobile grooming operations began in the Lake Chelan north shore trail system, which includes the Antilon, Echo Valley, Black Canyon and Gold Creek Sno-Parks. The remainder of the trails on the south shore of the lake are scheduled for grooming later this week.
Snowmobile grooming reports are updated at here.
The Echo Valley Sno-Park is now located at the Echo Valley Downhill Ski Area, officials said. The new location is directly adjacent to the old sno-park.
Some Forest Service roads are open to snowmobiles, but closed to four-wheeled vehicles to protect groomed routes. These roads are:
- Grade Creek Road (Forest Service Road 8200) and Upper Joe Creek Road (Forest Service Road 8210), closed beyond Antilon Lake Sno-Park.
- Washington Creek Road (Forest Service Road 8021) and Cooper Mountain Road (Forest Service Road 8020), closed above Echo Valley Sno-Park.
- Slide Ridge Road (Forest Service Road 8410) and Shady Pass Road (Forest Service Road 5900), closed above 25-Mile Creek Sno-Park.
- Shady Pass Road (Forest Service Road 5900) and Entiat River Road (Chelan County Road 51), closed above the Entiat River Sno-Park on the Entiat Ranger District.
- Purtteman Gulch Road (Forest Service Road 8010), is used for the Echo Ridge trail system and is also closed to vehicles. Snowmobiles are only allowed on designated portions of this road.