(2014-027 Jan. 8 & 15)



NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Okanogan County invites Contractors interested in doing business with Okanogan County to submit an application to be included on the Small Works Roster (SWR). The SWR is used for public works projects under Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000) as provided for in RCW 39.04.155. Interested Contractors must contact the Contracts Administrator at Okanogan County Department of Public Works, 1234 A Second Avenue South, Okanogan, WA 98840 or by phone at 509-422-7319 or by email at wdetillian@co.okanogan.wa.us for a SWR application. The SWR is used in the letting of contracts for such projects as repairs, improvements, remodeling and other public works projects in an around County owned buildings and facilities and for County road construction and maintenance projects. If your company is currently on the SWR you need not respond to this notice.

SWR work may involve Federal-Aid projects. Okanogan County in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000a to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs issued pursuant to such Act; hereby notifies all Contractors that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprise as defined at 49 CFR, Part 26, will be afforded full opportunity to submit SWR applications in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, sex, or national origin in consideration for a contract award. Contractors and other service providers who wish to be included on the SWR must be a Washington State licensed and bonded Contractor and agree to comply with Washington State Prevailing Wage Law as specified in RCW 39.12. Prevailing Wage Law requires that a Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages and an Affidavit of Wages Paid must be submitted by all Contractors and Sub-contractors that perform any work that is defined as a “Public Work” according to RCW 39.04.010. The County may, upon request, require the Contractor or Sub-contractors to submit certified payrolls.

Published by the Omak-Okanogan Chronicle.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment