Photo by Roger Harnack
Omak senior Alex Aguilar takes down junior Logan Nelson of Vashion Island in the semifinals of the 160-pound class.
As of Saturday, February 21, 2015
Several area wrestlers have qualified for the title match in their respective weight classes tonight at the state Mat Classic tournament in the Tacoma Dome.
Only one wrestler will make the finals in the 1A division: Omak senior Alex Aguilar advanced to the finals at the 160-pound class after winning three matches. He will face junior Ryley Smith of Colville.
Wrestling in the B division, four Liberty Bell, three Tonasket, two Republic, one Okanoga,n, one Brewster and one Lake Roosevelt wrestler will be vying for a state title.
Finals involving local wrestlers are:
- 106 pounds – Seniors Anthony Payton of Okanogan and Jose Paco Marin of Kittitas face off.
- 120 pounds – Liberty Bell senior Trent Skelton faces junior Josiah Guerra of Warden.
- 132 pounds – Junior Trevor Peterson of Tonasket wrestles defending state champion and senior Kain Feltwell of Liberty (Spangle).
- 138 pounds – Brewster senior Raf Varelas wrestles sophomore Justis Anderson of Reardan.
- 145 pounds – Senior Emmett Fink of Liberty Bell wrestles junior Reggie Jones of Colfax at 145.
- 152 pounds – Juniors Jorge Juarez of Tonasket and Jacob McMillan of Liberty Bell face off.
- 170 pounds – Junior Blake Phillips of Republic wrestles senior Nick Anderson of Wilbur-Creston-Keller.
- 182 pounds – Republic senior Lucas Rittel wrestles Reardan junior Josey Anders.
- 285 pounds – Lake Roosevelt senior Octavio Alejandre wrestles Chad Edwards of Tonasket.
Consolation matches are continuing throughout the day.