n online seminar to discuss social determinates of health in rural communities will take place at noon Aug. 20 in the Republic Reducing Alcohol and Drug use Coalition office.
The Washington Apple Education Foundation has announced a record number of scholarships this year.
Wenatchee Valley College has named its spring quarter 2014 president’s and dean’s lists.
Wenatchee Valley College has announced 2013-14 graduates, certificates and awards.
All donations for fire victims being moved to Pateros
Meetings planned for update on the Carlton Complex wildfires
The Pastime Bar and Grill is donating 5 percent of its food sales to Okanogan County Community Action’s fire victim assistance fund.
The third annual BomberCon, slated for July 25-27 at the Agriplex in Okanogan, has been moved to Burlington due to fires in Okanogan County.
The Ellisforde Bridge Road is closed temporarily because of fallen trees.
A registered sex offender has notified the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office and moved to the 400 block of South Third Avenue.
Approximately 7,000 homes and businesses are without power in Okanogan County today
President Obama has declared an emergency in Washington state, freeing up additional federal resources to help with the wildfires.
Fire management team to meet with community residents on related issues at 7 p.m. today
Volunteers on hand to feed and help care for livestock, pets
Food will be served in Pateros, Brewster, Twisp and Winthrop.
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween
- Anton Jones report for Oct. 21