Officials want to hear from farmers and ranchers on how the Palouse River and Coulee City Rail Service can be improved
U.S. Forest Service officials allow residents to cut firewood in Duncan Fire break areas.
Winners named for pumpkin, sunflower and other entries into the Okanogan County Fair
Okanogan County Fair Advisory Board release names of winners with beef barn entries
FFA competitors score points in Okanogan County Fair agriculture entries.
Here are the open adult results from the Ferry County Fair.
Here are the open youth results from the Ferry County Fair.
The 4-H results from the 71st annual Ferry Country Fair.
County declaration follows flash floods, mudslides and debris flows that destroyed homes and blocked highways
Local store plans to sell marijuana at 23251 state Highway 20
Bureau of Land Management accepting nominations
$2.4 million levy lid lift would pay for new fire station
Okanogan County Fire District 6 may ask voters in November to approve a $2.4 million, 20-year levy lid lift to build a new fire station to replace one the district says is rife with safety issues.
Land Trust not happy with losing conservation funds
When the state recently pulled $3.1 million from a planned conservation project, the Okanogan Land Trust said it was disappointed.
Committee to make recommendations on spending $580,000 for Colville National Forest-related resource projects
Farmers in Grant, Walla Walla counties can take advantage of permanent policy offered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, officials said
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween
- Anton Jones report for Oct. 21