Tinelle Bustam named district ranger with Colville National Forest
Two East Valley High School seniors' works of art have been selected as the best in the Fifth Congressional District's 2014 Congressional Art Competition.
Three of the five highest-spending lobbying groups in Olympia during the first quarter of 2014 were labor unions, including three that represent employees paid with tax dollars.
State worker safe after spending five hours in bulldozer buried by avalanche
McMorris Rodgers named Legislator of the Year by National Hydropower Assocation
Weekly newspaper editor wins coveted open government award for forcing city to disclose public documents
The Brewster City Council has scheduled a public hearing Friday to consider comments on a $35,000 federal grant and loan to purchase a new police car.
Preliminary special election tally shows voter overwhelmingly rejecting a ballot measure to create a Methow Valley Recreation District
Mayor Marilynn Lynn faces voters’ ire over hiring
The city’s voters will decide June 3 whether to keep Mayor Marilynn Lynn or oust her from office.
Weather prompts delay in spring burning in Methow Valley
Resident collects more than enough signatures in less than two weeks
Local residents will be able to vote this summer on whether to recall Mayor Marilynn Lynn.
Brewster clerk questions necessity, cost for small town
A bill requiring most public agencies to post their meeting agendas online a day before their meetings has been signed into law and is drawing mixed reactions locally.
Water group recognizes Congressman Doc Hastings for his work on hydropower issues
Residents can obtain permits to cut firewood in Colville National Forest
A vehicle stolen 12 years ago in Wenatchee was pulled from the Columbia River Monday afternoon downstream from Rock Island Dam
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Scott Vejraska, speaking on his election victory over PUD incumbent Dave Womack
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween