I spend a lot of my time in my truck driving to remote locations in our county, racing in out-of-state locales and just traveling to travel. Because of that wanderlust, I tend to listen to radio probably more than most people. So, I have an XFM subscription.
This coming week, flags will be flying as Americans remember their war dead. But all too often, Memorial Day devolves into a weekend celebration of camping and fishing, boating and drinking.
It seems like only yesterday that the Okanogan County Public Utility District said it had to raise rates in order to stay solvent.
Where are parents in the equation these days? At the federal level, a judge and the Food and Drug Adminstration have ordered that the “morning after pill” be made available to girls as young as 15 years old without parental consent or a prescription.
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween
- Anton Jones report for Oct. 21