Although the Okanogan County Parks and Recreation Board has had some internal strife in recent weeks, I hope that won’t stop people from attending this weekend’s fair.
Two superintendent searches in Okanogan County — one just completed and the other still under way — point out some gray areas in state law concerning the hiring process. Candidates for such influential and important public offices need to be selected in the open, so the public can take an active role in the new leader’s selection.
Ah, summer. This week’s hot weather is giving just a hint of what’s around the corner, weather-wise, and this weekend’s events mark the opening of community festival season.
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween
- Anton Jones report for Oct. 21