Truck and car racing event called a success
North Cascades National Park officials say the work will be rescheduled for 2015
National Park Service announces winter closures at North Cascades
Thornton1 team wins clan competition with 83 points; Draggoo second with 171 points
Nine-year-old Joseph Richards of Omak is the fastest junior boy in the obstacle course race
Maria Duncan of Omak is the fastest girl on the obstacle course
The annual Grubstake Open golf tournament returns Saturday at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club, 105 Danker Cutoff Road.
The ninth annual Budweiser-Lowrance King Salmon Derby on Aug. 1-3 raised $1,700 in a raffle for a YETI cooler that benefited victims of the Carlton Complex fires.
Fire danger and the threat to public safety prompt immediate closure of the Methow Ranger District to all travel and recreation
Volunteers make swim meet happen
Runoff or jackpot races slated for Sunday depending on how many horses enter
Teams compete into August before a final tournament
The third annual BomberCon, slated for July 25-27 at the Agriplex in Okanogan, has been moved to Burlington due to fires in Okanogan County.
Results for the fifth annual Tonasket Truck & Tractor Pull competed July 18 and 19 in the Comanchero Rodeo Grounds.
Spokane County Raceway will switch from National Hot Rod Association to International Hot Rod Association starting in 2015.
Omak Chronicle on TwitterTweets by @OmakChronicle
Latest blog posts
- Scott Vejraska, speaking on his election victory over PUD incumbent Dave Womack
- Brewster football coach Jake Johanson, talking about Okanogan wanting to avenge its only league loss this year. The teams play again Oct. 31
- Wayne Carpenter, talking about a horseshoe cross atop Dead Horse Cliff
- Gebbers family statement on the death of patriarch Dan Gebbers
- Dave Schulz, speaking on DNR's failed wildfire suppression efforts this summer
- Ralph Malone, speaking on Halloween