OMAK – Tom Holsworth won the Abe Windle Memorial Buckle in the Omak Fish and Game Club competition March 17.
As I sit here awaiting delivery of Girl Scout cookies this week – I get the shortbread – along comes a story on former Liberty Bell girls’ bas…
PATEROS - Ethan Freels of Pateros was voted the boys’ most valuable player in the Central Washington 1B League.
SPOKANE – Winter is suffering its last gasp in Washington but heavy snow loads in many areas mean food will be hard to come by for wildlife fo…
OMAK – Robert Arnold set a new season high for scratch series in league bowling at Valley Lanes.
Free Press on Social Media
OMAK – “American Masters,” Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus’ final concert of the 2018-19 season, is planned Sunday, March 24.
OMAK – An honors recital for student musicians will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Omak Community Presbyterian Church, 9 S. Birch St.
OMAK – Dozens of Omak secondary students will be on stage and behind the scenes for the two-weekend production of “Xanadu.”
OMAK – A fundraiser for Miss Omak Stampede Vanessa Pershing will be Saturday, March 16.
Letters to the Editor: Feb. 6, 2019
A new bill is being proposed that would allow marijuana on schools grounds for students who require the drug to aid with medical conditions.
Letters to the Editor: Jan. 23, 2019
Dry flies working at Rock Ford Creek
- Police investigate Oroville homicide
- Apartments planned in north Omak
- Appeals court rejects Small’s appeal
- State reports dead ram on Mount Hull
- Boy dies while hiking near Oroville
- Summer stream flows could be concern
- Vejraska wins Angus awards
- Man faces assault charges after stabbing
- Court rejects parental rights case
- Trump signs bill protecting headwaters
- Hub Arkush: Remembering the original NFL draftnik on 40th anniversary of his passing
- Insurify’s Greenest Cities Awards
- Mizzou chat: Dave Matter Live at 11 a.m.
- Trump signs Cantwell bill requiring new wildfire technology, smoke forecasts
- Competition begins along Wyoming's revamped defensive line
- Emma Roberts 'exploring' new romance
- Kylie Jenner can't wait to spend 'quality time' with Travis Scott
- Wyoming has plenty of experience along offensive line
News and information from our community partners
OKANOGAN – -Membership renewals are coming in and several new members have joined the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce.
TONASKET — A grand opening is planned for Country Girls Emporium, a new and unique shop in town, March 15.
OKANOGAN – The Stockyard Cafe has opened at 123 Rodeo Trail in the former Okanogan Livestock Market building.
TOPEKA, Kan. – Payless ShoeSource plans to close all 2,100 of its stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada by the end of May.