Going to be hard to beat Junior’s records
OLYMPIA - Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife announced April 3 that it was opening a harvest fishery for white sturgeon on Lake Roosevelt.
Free Press on Social Media
WINTHROP -- The third annual Whiskers and Wishes fundraiser to benefit three animal shelter/rescue organizations will be Saturday, April 27, at the Barn, 51 Highway 20.
OKANOGAN – Longtime Presbyterian pastor Chris Warren has retired, just in time for the start of fishing season.
OKANOGAN – The Vintage Faire will be Saturday, April 27, at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds, 175 Rodeo Trail.
OMAK – An ensemble recital is planned Sunday, April 28, at North Omak Elementary School, 615 Oak St.
Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus closed its 2018-19 concert season Sunday with a tribute to American masters of music.
Letters to the Editor: Feb. 6, 2019
A new bill is being proposed that would allow marijuana on schools grounds for students who require the drug to aid with medical conditions.
- Vehicle crash involves Omak Stampede queen, Colville tribal officer
- Body is that of missing Omak man
- Body recovered from Washburn Pond
- Body located east of Omak
- Pedestrian hit by pickup truck
- Marian Adams McClanahan
- Senator regrets comment about nurses that draws criticism nationwide
- Study looks at autism, dental health
- Man charged with rape
- Vehicle plummets into Okanogan River
- County auditor joins effort to get Legislature to pay for elections
- Report: Willamette among 'most endangered' rivers
- Viaduct demolition taking longer than expected
- Man killed in Omak wreck; two others injured
- BenFred: Former Tiger Kim English, a rising star among young coaches, will now face Mizzou
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- Tom Oates: Teams looking for quarterbacks early in draft will help Packers' needs
- Former Wyoming safety Andrew Wingard is moving up one draft analyst's board
News and information from our community partners
OKANOGAN – State Farm Insurance, 225 W. Pine St., is under new ownership.
OMAK – Dentably recently studied the correlation between treating children with autism and caring for dental health issues.
RIVERSIDE — Roger and Lori Sawyer celebrated one year of ownership of DeTros Western Store with a barbeque, saddle raffle and 30 percent off s…
OMAK – Two staff members from the Edward Jones office in Omak recently attended an advanced life insurance training at the firm’s Tempe campus…
OKANOGAN – -Membership renewals are coming in and several new members have joined the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce.