COULEE CITY - Maguire Isaak of the Almira/Coulee-Hartline boys' basketball team was named B player of the year last week by the Washington Int…
JACKSON, Wyo. – Christiana Gibson of Carlton competed in the 2019 Stage Stop Eukanuba 8-Dog Classic on Jan. 26-27.
Following up on Okanogan’s Mike Carlquist and Brewster’s Tim Taylor going into the state basketball coaches Hall of Fame this summer got me to…
TONASKET – The Tonasket High School wrestling team, led by the Central Washington League’s wrestler of the year Isaac Gomez at 195 pounds, lan…
NESPELEM – The Colville Confederated Tribes are joining with Horse Nations Indian Relay Council for a series of races during the 2019 season.
Free Press on Social Media
OMAK – “American Masters,” Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus’ final concert of the 2018-19 season, is planned Sunday, March 24.
OMAK – An honors recital for student musicians will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Omak Community Presbyterian Church, 9 S. Birch St.
OMAK – Dozens of Omak secondary students will be on stage and behind the scenes for the two-weekend production of “Xanadu.”
OMAK – A fundraiser for Miss Omak Stampede Vanessa Pershing will be Saturday, March 16.
Letters to the Editor: Feb. 6, 2019
A new bill is being proposed that would allow marijuana on schools grounds for students who require the drug to aid with medical conditions.
Letters to the Editor: Jan. 23, 2019
Dry flies working at Rock Ford Creek
- Police investigate Oroville homicide
- Winthrop man arrested in homicide
- Boy dies while hiking near Oroville
- Man faces assault charges after stabbing
- Transportation study looks out to 2040
- Inmate hospitalized after fight
- (2019-076 March 13 April 3) Being Foreclosed# 3195969 / 3217949
- Omak man’s conviction reduced
- Alvarez selected May Fest queen
- ‘Xanadu’ skates onto Omak stage
- Hub Arkush: San Francisco 49ers among teams with best free-agent plans
- Summer stream flows could be concern
- Training offered for wildfire contractors
- Vejraska wins Angus awards
- Appeals court rejects Small’s appeal
- Retail power sales lower than expected
- Base rate increase goes to improvements
- PUD spends nearly a million on February power
News and information from our community partners
OKANOGAN – -Membership renewals are coming in and several new members have joined the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce.
TONASKET — A grand opening is planned for Country Girls Emporium, a new and unique shop in town, March 15.
OKANOGAN – The Stockyard Cafe has opened at 123 Rodeo Trail in the former Okanogan Livestock Market building.
TOPEKA, Kan. – Payless ShoeSource plans to close all 2,100 of its stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada by the end of May.