Details for Housing Authority of Okanogan County - Limited Wait List
(2021-002 Jan. 2, 6)
For Immediate Release
Limited Wait List
Opening for Mainstream Vouchers: ONLY for Adults with Verifiable Disabilities
December 28, 2020
The Housing Authority of Okanogan County (HAOC) announces a limited wait list opening for Mainstream Housing Choice Vouchers for disabled individuals. HAOC will begin accepting pre-applications at 12:00pm on January 11, 2021. Applications received prior to 12:00 pm on January 11, 2021 will not be accepted.
Eligibility: This opening is ONLY for individuals and families who have a family member who:
• Is non- elderly (between ages 18 and 61), AND
• Has a verifiable disability,
Eligible Mainstream Voucher applicants will be ranked against HAOC’s preference system, which includes the following:
• Transitioning out of an institutional or other segregated setting
• Currently experiencing homelessness
• Previously experienced homelessness and currently is a client in permanent supportive housing or in a rapid rehousing project
• At risk of experiencing homelessness
How to apply:
If you/ your family meets these criteria, you may be added to the wait list by submitting a pre-application form. The Pre-application form can we found at www.okanoganhousing.org, or at our Omak office (431 5th Ave West, Omak, WA). Again, to follow HUD’s rules, no application will be accepted before 12:00pm on January 11. 2021. The wait list will be open until further notice.
Verification of your age, disability, and homelessness or residence in an eligible institution or congregate setting (if claiming for the preference status) will be required by HAOC upon receipt of your pre-application. The pre-application will not be considered a complete application until all verification documents are received by the HAOC.
DUE TO COVID_19, OUR OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Applications will be accepted via:
• US Mail (Housing Authority of Okanogan County: 431 5th Ave West, Omak, WA 98841),
• Fax: 509-422-1713,
• Or applications can be dropped off at the Housing Authority’s office’s drop off box found at the front entrance of the office.
Mailed applications will be accepted only with a postmark date of January 11, 2021 or later.
Applications sent via FAX will only be accepted if sent after 12:00 a.m. on Monday, January 11, 2021
Completed pre-applications submitted before or after these dates will be returned and not registered on the Wait List.
Pre-applications must be complete with all requested documentation and signatures. There is no cost to apply, and a credit check is not needed to apply. Photo ID for all household members and Social Security cards for all members of the household is required.
Successful applicants will be notified by US mail of their placement on the Wait list.
To qualify for these programs, a family’s annual income may not exceed 50% of the median income for Okanogan County ($33,650 per year for a family of four).
The voucher programs offer tenant based rental assistance to families in privately owned housing of their choice. The rental subsidy amount is based on a payment standard set by the Housing Authority based on the Fair Market Rents for Okanogan County and set by HUD. An assisted family can expect to pay 30 to 40 percent of their income toward rent and utilities. Information on the programs is available at the Housing Authority Office or our website: www.okanoganhousing.org or by calling 509-422-3721 ext. 1.
Published by Omak Okanogan County Chronicle.
- OPERATOR SAFETY TRAINING
- BREWSTER SCHOOL DISTRICT OPENINGS
- PEST CONTROL SERVICES
- CDL TRUCK DRIVER NEEDED
- SECONDARY LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER - REPUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
- M-2 ROAD MAINTENANCE WORKER
- SENIOR PLANNER
- JAMIE’S PLACE ADULT FAMILY HOME OPENINGS!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
- BAND/CHOIR DIRECTOR
- 3RD GRADE TEACHER
- PATEROS SCHOOL DISTRICT HS HEAD WRESTLING COACH
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES & ELA TEACHER
- BUS DRIVER/OPERATOR - FULL-TIME
- JH HEAD TRACK COACH - PATEROS SCHOOL DISTRICT
- VICTIM WITNESS ADVOCATE
- VEHICLE LICENSING DEPUTY
- GENERAL LABORER
- WILDLAND FIRE ENGINE BOSS
- OR MANAGER
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
- LAB TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST
- FAMILY PRACTICE NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT
- OR CIRCULATOR NURSE
- INFORMATICS RN
- DIRECTOR OF QUALITY
- Police seek help identifying theft suspects
- Nathanial ‘Nate’ J. Emery Hart
- Long time Spokane Social Worker Leaves Nonprofit World & Bets All On Her First Flip & Docu-series: BOOZE & HAMMER
- Omak ponders drafts of two plans
- Janet Hulsing
- South county mourns loss of Pateros student
- Halvorson named as a runway model
- Lavern Edith McCulley Roberts
- Omak recognizes teachers this week
- Inslee announces two-week pause on phases