OMAK – Children’s Dance Theater will celebrate 25 years of existence with a production of “Alice in Wonderland” this weekend.
National Entertainment News
OMAK - Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus musicians continued the tradition of giving the Okanogan Valley a grand Christmas gift when they performed the “Winter Magic Returns” concert Dec. 8.
BREWSTER – A special performance of Jose Feliciano’s “Feliz Navidad” is planned when Brewster Elementary School students give their holiday concert tonight, Dec. 5.
OKANOGAN – A Roaring ‘20s theme is planned for Saturday’s annual Okanogan-Omak Rotary Club wine and cheese tasting event, but there won’t be any speakeasy passwords required.
Earlier this month I had the pleasure of seeing two outstanding country music legends - Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis - in concert Saturday, Sept. 8, at Mill Bay Casino’s Deep Water Amphitheater in Manson.
Memories will be made when the Okanogan County Fair opens on Thursday, Sept. 6, and continues through Sunday, Sept. 9. The usual showing of farm animals - cared through the long spring and summer months by countless numbers of county youth - will vie for that special recognition and ribbon.
Boots and cowboy hats filled the North Central Washington Fair grandstands Friday, Aug. 24, as the iconic 1990s country music group BlackHawk performed as this year’s headline act.
As the north Okanogan pulsated with rumors of Jack Black sightings last week, I received an email from my editor saying, “Keep your eyes out. Jack Black's in town.”
Filmmaker Sammy Black premiered a short movie at the Omak Theatre Thursday, Aug. 16, for a small group of family and friends including the cast.
The Wauconda Community Hall Association is gearing up for its signature event, the 13th annual “Fabulous 50’s Sock Hop and Car Show,” Saturday, July 21, at 129 Toroda Creek Road.
The Community Cultural Center reverberated with laughter, music and beauty when artists converged for the opening reception of a show called “Twenty-five Outta North 40” Friday, July 6.
The annual Apple Pie Jamboree runs Friday through Sunday, July 20-22, in and near Memorial Park, with activities ranging from a parade to watercross racing and from a quilt show to 3-on-3 basketball.
- Police investigate Oroville homicide
- Winthrop man arrested in homicide
- Boy dies while hiking near Oroville
- Man faces assault charges after stabbing
- Transportation study looks out to 2040
- Inmate hospitalized after fight
- (2019-076 March 13 April 3) Being Foreclosed# 3195969 / 3217949
- Omak man’s conviction reduced
- Alvarez selected May Fest queen
- ‘Xanadu’ skates onto Omak stage
- Hub Arkush: San Francisco 49ers among teams with best free-agent plans
- Summer stream flows could be concern
- Training offered for wildfire contractors
- Vejraska wins Angus awards
- Appeals court rejects Small’s appeal
- Retail power sales lower than expected
- Base rate increase goes to improvements
- PUD spends nearly a million on February power