Master Sgt. Keith Caraway kept students of all ages entertained as he spoke about his nearly 20 years in the service at the Tonasket Elementary School Veterans Day assembly Wednesday, Nov. 7.
National Entertainment News
The Community Cultural Center reverberated with laughter, music and beauty when artists converged for the opening reception of a show called “Twenty-five Outta North 40” Friday, July 6.
Longtime auctioneers and business partners Daryl Asmussen and Dal Dagnon were awarded the business of the year award at the annual Tonasket Chamber of Commerce banquet Thursday, Jan. 25.
Ginger “Mama” Passarelli, founder of The Soup Ladies, has been given the FBI Seattle Field Office’s director’s community leadership award for 2016, for her efforts to provide home-cooked meals to first responders in emergency and disaster situations.
Youngsters from Tonasket Elementary School took part in a challenge — hosted by the U.S. Armed Forces Legacy Project — to decorate local storefronts with tributes to veterans.
What started out as a couple of women shooting the breeze on their rural Ferry Country back porch became a reality Saturday as a ribbon was cut to mark the opening of the community’s first public library.
CONCONULLY - After the Okanogan Complex fire came within feet of some local residents' doors this summer, the town came together Wednesday night to pay appreciation to local residents and emergency personnel, and have a gourmet dinner.
Publisher Roger Harnack was presented the Golden Quill by Chad Stebbins and Gary Sosniecki on behalf of the International Society of Weekly Newspaper Editors during the organization’s annual conference.
- Police investigate Oroville homicide
- Winthrop man arrested in homicide
- Boy dies while hiking near Oroville
- Man faces assault charges after stabbing
- Transportation study looks out to 2040
- Inmate hospitalized after fight
- (2019-076 March 13 April 3) Being Foreclosed# 3195969 / 3217949
- Omak man’s conviction reduced
- Alvarez selected May Fest queen
- ‘Xanadu’ skates onto Omak stage
- Hub Arkush: San Francisco 49ers among teams with best free-agent plans
- Summer stream flows could be concern
- Training offered for wildfire contractors
- Vejraska wins Angus awards
- Appeals court rejects Small’s appeal
- Retail power sales lower than expected
- Base rate increase goes to improvements
- PUD spends nearly a million on February power