OKANOGAN – Stream flows in area rivers this summer could be a concern, with state Department of Ecology officials warning that water regulation and drought conditions might occur.
OKANOGAN – Customers’ electricity bills will rise in April thanks to an increase in the base charge for electricity approved March 11 by Okanogan County Public Utility District commissioners.
OKANOGAN - Extremely cold weather in Okanogan County and elsewhere in the state during February led to a spike in wholesale electricity prices, with the county’s public utility district spending an unanticipated $945,000 on electricity during the month.
MAZAMA – People who have snowmobiles parked at Early Winters by the Highway 20 closure barricades are asked to remove them because the state wants to start clearing the highway.
OMAK - Leaders of Okanogan County’s three hospitals are talking about the possibilities of additional cooperation and possibly designating specializations at each facility.
OKANOGAN – Longtime Okanogan School District administrator Brett D. Baum is leaving after this school year to become superintendent in the Liberty School District in Spangle.
NESPELEM – A motion filed by former Colville Business Council member Andrea George seeking to prevent Darnell Sam from being seated to the council has been denied by Colville Tribal Court.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Washington’s congressional delegation is asking U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to work with Japan to resolve technical issues and remove barriers to allow the state’s apples access to Japanese markets.
SPOKANE — An Omak man’s conviction for second-degree theft has been reduced by the state Court of Appeals to third-degree theft and the case has been sent back to Okanogan County Superior Court for resentencing.
- Police investigate Oroville homicide
- Winthrop man arrested in homicide
- Boy dies while hiking near Oroville
- Man faces assault charges after stabbing
- Transportation study looks out to 2040
- Inmate hospitalized after fight
- (2019-076 March 13 April 3) Being Foreclosed# 3195969 / 3217949
- Omak man’s conviction reduced
- Alvarez selected May Fest queen
- ‘Xanadu’ skates onto Omak stage
- Hub Arkush: San Francisco 49ers among teams with best free-agent plans
- Summer stream flows could be concern
- Training offered for wildfire contractors
- Vejraska wins Angus awards
- Appeals court rejects Small’s appeal
- Retail power sales lower than expected
- Base rate increase goes to improvements
- PUD spends nearly a million on February power