OKANOGAN - Applicants are sought for an Okanogan County Noxious Weed Control Board position.
EPHRATA - The Grant County Sheriff's Office is warning farmers to keep a close eye on their implements’ global positioning system equipment because of a recent uptick in thefts of those electronics.
OKANOGAN – The 84th Okanogan County Horticultural Association will meet from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, in the Agriplex at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds, 175 Rodeo Trail.
Wolves from the Smackout pack in Stevens County and the Togo pack in Ferry County will have their numbers reduced after continued attacks on cattle forced Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Director Kelly Susewind to authorize lethal removal of one or two members of both packs.
OLYMPIA – The state’s apple maggot quarantine is being extended into parts of Okanogan County in an effort to slow down the invasive pest and protect commercial apple production.
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) staff have been authorized to lethally remove wolves who have been preying on cattle grazing on federal lands in the Kettle River Range of Ferry County. The authorization, announced Sept. 12, comes from WDFW Director Kelly Susewind, following repeated attacks on cattle.
A USDA-certified mobile slaughtering unit may soon be located in Tonasket. City council members directed staff to work with the Planning Commission to review the zoning code and make a recommendation to council on if, where and under what conditions a slaugherhouse would be permitted.
Hector and Victor Maldonado are hoping to salvage the summer yet, despite three blocks of pear trees and cherry trees water-logged under the past couple weeks of flooding.
Okanogan Valley residents breathed a collective sigh of relief as Okanogan River water began receding Sunday, but they also began girding themselves for an even higher crest at the end of this week.
Water levels in Osoyoos Lake are rising as the over-abundance of late- season snows begin to run off in Canada, causing flood warnings along the Okanogan and Similkameen rivers in the United States.
The Women in Agriculture conference, planned for Nov. 18, will be held at several sites around the Northwest, including Nespelem and Republic.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public health alert due to concerns that poultry products produced by Mary’s Harvest Fresh Foods, Inc., of Portland, Ore., may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Agricultural producers of all sizes can take advantage of financial assistance program offered through the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
An episode of “Washington Grown” featuring the Washington apple industry will air this weekend on two TV stations and will be available on Facebook and YouTube.
The Sept. 7-10 Okanogan County Fair brought in higher gate receipts, had higher attendance, and drew more exhibitors and more exhibits than the 2016 fair, according to county records.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Omak father and son ranchers Craig and Todd Vejraska have been elected as delegates to the 134th annual American Angus Association Convention of Delegates Nov. 6 at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
- Tonasket council recall charges dismissed
- PUD manager in line for raise
- Corrections deputy arrested
- Longview gets $1M from state for Beech Street
- View from the Sidelines: Fishing partner will be missed
- View from The Sidelines: O’Dell skippers crews to wins
- Flood watch issued
- VR comes to Grand Coulee Dam
- Appeals court: Convictions will stand
- DNR will wait on air base money
- Former Tiger Jordan Harold chases NFL dream with unique approach
- Battle over orca whale-watch restrictions heats up in San Juan County
- WSDOT plans railcar replacement
- Wyden, Merkley honor Parkrose coach Keanon Lowe for heroism during gun scare
- Bears OTA notebook: Trubisky seeing things more clearly in second offseason with Nagy
- David Tennant to become father for a fifth time
- Jessica Chastain based Dark Phoenix character on Tilda Swinton
- Chance the Rapper needs kidney for his aunt