The Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch, calling for 4-10 inches today into Tuesday.
Columbia River Carbonates (CRC) closed their Wauconda quarry this past spring, but will phase out closing their loading site at the Janis Bridge over the next year or so.
Okanogan Valley residents breathed a collective sigh of relief as Okanogan River water began receding Sunday, but they also began girding themselves for an even higher crest at the end of this week.
Water levels in Osoyoos Lake are rising as the over-abundance of late- season snows begin to run off in Canada, causing flood warnings along the Okanogan and Similkameen rivers in the United States.
Smoke from wildfires poses a health threat for people who breathe it because fine particles can lodge in the lungs, making it difficult for the lungs to expel them naturally over time.
The Okanogan County Public Utility District’s effort to refurbish and re-energize Enloe Dam has been put on hold again while a state agency readvertises a project-related meeting.
Ferry County Superior Court Judge Pat Monasmith denied Crown Resources/Kinross’ appeal of the state Pollution Control Hearings Board’s July 30, 2015, decision, upholding the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System permit issued by the state Department of Ecology.
People affected by the recent trio of wildfires praised and panned state and federal agencies’ responses and the Okanogan County Department of Emergency Management during a post-fire meeting hosted by county commissioners last Thursday.
Meteorologists at the National Weather Service have announced a heat advisory covering much of the state, including Chelan, Douglas, Ferry and Okanogan counties, and Idaho.
A gasoline tanker-truck heading north on state Highway 21 north of town overturned this morning and spilled 70 gallons of diesel and 2,800 gallons of gasoline into a ditch across from the San Poil River.
In a challenge to Washington State University's water rights, the state Supreme Court ruled earlier this week that the university chose conservation and, therefore, retains its rights to water.
- Tonasket council recall charges dismissed
- PUD manager in line for raise
- Corrections deputy arrested
- Longview gets $1M from state for Beech Street
- View from the Sidelines: Fishing partner will be missed
- View from The Sidelines: O’Dell skippers crews to wins
- Flood watch issued
- VR comes to Grand Coulee Dam
- Appeals court: Convictions will stand
- DNR will wait on air base money
- Battle over orca whale-watch restrictions heats up in San Juan County
- WSDOT plans railcar replacement
- Wyden, Merkley honor Parkrose coach Keanon Lowe for heroism during gun scare
- Bears OTA notebook: Trubisky seeing things more clearly in second offseason with Nagy
- David Tennant to become father for a fifth time
- Jessica Chastain based Dark Phoenix character on Tilda Swinton
- Chance the Rapper needs kidney for his aunt
- Michelle Williams: The dynamic on set has changed since the #MeToo movement