OMAK – Firefighters responded to several grass fires Wednesday, March 18, on the Colville Indian Reservation near town.
SECOND UPDATE (Sept. 2): The injured firefighter has been identified as Okanogan Fire Department Assistant Chief Christian Johnson. He is in a medically induced coma with second- and third-degree burns over 50 to 60 percent of his body.
OKANOGAN – Thunderstorms that passed through Okanogan and Ferry counties last weekend touched off several fires, but as of mid-afternoon Monday, Aug. 12, none had grown to any great size.
KELLER – The Williams Flats Fire has raced across 40,000 acres of land in the past week, with the Colville Confederated Tribes instituting more road closures in the area.
OLIVER, B.C. – The Eagle Bluff wildfire burning north of town has prompted an evacuation alert and is estimated to be at 900 hectares (about 2,224 acres) in size.
KELLER - The Williams Flats Fire has prompted Level 3 (leave now) evacuation orders in the areas of Little Nine Mile Creek West to Whitestone lookout and south to the Columbia River, according to the Ferry County Sheriff's Office.
TWISP – Rain last weekend and forecasts for cooler temperatures and higher humidity recovery are helping firefighters get a handle on three wildfires in the western part of Okanogan County.
TWISP – Evacuation notices have been lifted for the Crescent Mountain Fire area and the U.S. Forest Service has started assessing burned areas throughout the region for flooding risks.
TWISP – Okanogan County Emergency Management has issued a Level 2 (be ready) evacuation warning for Smith Canyon Road and Libby Creek Road west of Smith Canyon.
Rain and higher relative humidity over the weekend allowed firefighters to make a direct attack on the Crescent Mountain Fire, which has been burning for a month in the Twisp River drainage.
TWISP - A Level 3 (get out now) evacuation alert has been issued for West Buttermilk Creek Road and Twisp River Road west of the Buttermilk Creek intersection.
- OMAK CHRONICLE
- HIGH SCHOOL SPANISH TEACHER
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
- MARKET MANAGER
- MAINTENANCE/WATER SPECIALIST
- 3RD GRADE TEACHER
- MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL AGRICULTURE TEACHER
- KINDERGARTEN FULL-TIME TEACHER
- MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ART TEACHER
- Wanted: Scheduled Run Driver
- CITY WATER UTILITY OPERATOR
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- ELEMENTARY CERTIFIED LIBRARIAN
- MIDDLE SCHOOL ELA TEACHER
- MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER
- WSU COLVILLE RESERVATION FRTEP EXTENSION COORDINATOR
- FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS
- Coronavirus case increase in Okanogan County
- Shop, travel trailer destroyed by fire
- Property taxes due by April 30
- Inslee announces enforcement measures for stay-at-home order
- Retired deputy arrested, charged
- Governor closes schools for rest of school year
- Inslee signs bill to increase corrections training
- Reservation closed to curb virus
- Family resource coordinator added
- Omak board OKs superintendent contract