TONASKET – Containment of the Walker Creek Fire is steadily increasing, and firefighters are removing fire equipment that’s no longer needed.
CONCONULLY – The Muckamuck Fire flirted with Conconully and cleared out the town on Sunday, Aug. 15, but flames were kept at bay and, as of Monday morning, were headed toward West Fork Salmon Creek.
SPOKANE – Fire restrictions are being extended on public lands administered by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management Spokane District and the Bureau of Reclamation in eastern Washington.
OKANOGAN – The Whitmore Fire, one of 15 fires burning in north central Washington, blew up over the weekend, forcing evacuations and burning several structures on the Colville Indian Reservation southeast of Okanogan.
OKANOGAN – A fierce thunderstorm barreled across Okanogan and Ferry counties Tuesday evening, Aug. 3, bringing rain, wind, thunder and lightning and igniting several new fires.
WINTHROP – Firefighters from all over the West plus the Washington National Guard have joined the fight against fires burning on opposite sides of Okanogan County and into neighboring counties.
MAZAMA – Highway 20 through the North Cascades will be closed through July and possibly longer because of fire, according to the state Department of Transportation.
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER - FULL-TIME
- HEARTS GATHERED - HIRING 3 POSITIONS - OMAK, WASH.
- GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH
- DENTAL ASSISTANT
- DEPUTY CLERK-TREASURER
- COLVILLE INDIAN HOUSING AUTHORITY OPEN POSITIONS
- MAINTENANCE WORKER/WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
- DEPUTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
- CLERK OF THE BOARD/ FACILITIES COORDINATOR
- RESOURCE ROOM PARA
- ASSISTANT HS BOYS BASKETBALL COACH
- FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS
- MECHANIC/WELDER/ FABRICATOR - CITY OF OKANOGAN
- FOOD SERVICE 3
- SNOW GROOMER OPERATOR
- FAIRGROUNDS MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
- Tuscan chicken dish is sure to satisfy
- Cowlitz County sheriff, city chiefs say state police overhaul makes job harder
- Michael Lee Wolf
- Tribe acquires Tunk Valley ranch
- David Louie Hansen
- Teri Lynn Pruitt Kirkland
- Almira makes post-fire plans
- Fire destroys Almira school building
- Poll: Law-and-order candidates Harrell, Davison in lead for Seattle mayor, attorney
- Della Irene Relaford