TONASKET — An early morning warehouse fire sent thick billows of black smoke and basketball-sized pieces of ash and debris throughout Tonasket on Nov. 26.
CONCONULLY – The Muckamuck Fire flirted with Conconully and cleared out the town on Sunday, Aug. 15, but flames were kept at bay and, as of Monday morning, were headed toward West Fork Salmon Creek.
SPOKANE – Fire restrictions are being extended on public lands administered by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management Spokane District and the Bureau of Reclamation in eastern Washington.
OKANOGAN – The Whitmore Fire, one of 15 fires burning in north central Washington, blew up over the weekend, forcing evacuations and burning several structures on the Colville Indian Reservation southeast of Okanogan.
OKANOGAN – A fierce thunderstorm barreled across Okanogan and Ferry counties Tuesday evening, Aug. 3, bringing rain, wind, thunder and lightning and igniting several new fires.
WINTHROP – Firefighters from all over the West plus the Washington National Guard have joined the fight against fires burning on opposite sides of Okanogan County and into neighboring counties.
MAZAMA – Highway 20 through the North Cascades will be closed through July and possibly longer because of fire, according to the state Department of Transportation.
- IRIS and libraries launch digital collection
- McCabe named to Olympic ski team
- Forest Service announces recreation fee-free days
- WAEF offers college scholarships
- Tribal council plans COVID surge response
- Virtual meeting set for restoration update
- Tribal wild horse chase, capture season begins
- Spokane colleges list honor students