OMAK — Firefighters responded to a house fire at 25 Robinson Canyon Road shortly after 7:30 a.m. March 1.

The electrical fire began in the attic and spread to a wall in an upstairs bedroom, according to  Omak Fire Chief Kevin Bowling. Firefighters opened a wall to get to the fire.

The house, owned by Vic Power, sustained electrical and some structural damage, but very little water or smoke damage, Bowling said. The American Red Cross was called to assist the home’s 10 residents - eight adults and two children.

Power has insurance but renters Joe and Jennifer Shaul do not, Bowling said. There were no injuries. Besides the Omak Fire Department, LifeLine Ambulance and the Okanogan County Public Utility District responded. Okanogan Fire Department was canceled en route.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.