OROVILLE – Twenty-nine elementary school kids from Oroville and Tonasket got to spend most of Saturday, Dec. 14 with cops.
City council had a special meeting Wednesday, Feb. 6, with the intent to approve the creation of a new position for an internal compliance administrator.
The Ferry County Sheriff’s Office is struggling with deputy retention and is considering a proposed voter-approved public safety property tax levy that would be in in place for six years, and/or a voter-approved public safety sales tax increase of 0.3 percent.
Tisha Jones, Manager of Peace Officer Certification of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission, clarified yesterday, Jan. 10, that former Tonasket Police Officer John Cruz's reserve training certificate lapsed June 20, 2018. Cruz was sworn in to work as a police officer under former Police Chief Darin Odegaard on July 9, 2018.
City council members voted to temporarily disband the Tonasket Police Department and contract with the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office at a special meeting Wednesday, Jan. 2. Officer Jose Perez, who began with the Tonasket Police Department in October 2018, was laid off Sunday, Jan. 6, according to Mayor Dennis Brown.
Tonasket Mayor Dennis Brown said prior to a meeting Monday he was handed paperwork prepared by city attorney Mick Howe regarding the terminations of Darin Odegaard and John Cruz. “I just was handed a paper,” Brown said. “I signed it and I wish I hadn’t."
- M-2 ROAD MAINTENANCE WORKERS
- TEMPORARY M-2 TRUCK DRIVERS
- FAIRGROUNDS MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
- CIVIL SERVICE TESTING
- Executive Director
- DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER
- DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER - GIS POSITION
- OKANOGAN COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN PUBLIC WORKS
- LEGAL PROCESSING ASSISTANT II
- CDL DRIVER/SHOP WORK
- BUSINESS MANAGER
- CITY OF TONASKET PUBLIC WORKS SUPERINTENDENT
- RADIOLOGY/CT TECH FULL TIME OR TEMPORARY/FULL
- COVID-19 COORDINATOR / MA-C FULL TIME/TEMPORARY
- DIETARY MANAGER FULL TIME
- LAB TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST TEMPORARY/FULL-TIME
- ER NURSE FULL TIME/NIGHTS
- INFORMATICS RN FULL TIME
- DIRECTOR OF QUALITY FULL TIME
- OR CIRCULATOR NURSE FULL TIME
- SECRETARY SENIOR
- RECYCLE/TRANSFER STATION/ EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- PUBLIC WORKS OPERATOR